Coordinates 448

Uploaded May 18, 2015

Recorded May 2015

  • Rating

  • Information

  • Easy to follow

  • Scenery

169 f
0 f
10.88 mi

Viewed 4534 times, downloaded 123 times

near Oslo, Oslo Fylke (Norge)

Show original
Tour of the city using the ferry to the peninsula Bygdoy, taking bus 30 to the exit of the Folklore Museum to Olav Kyrres plass and the tram 12 from Vigelandsparken to the Solli stop to continue walking and see the most interesting of Oslo
The tiger located in front of the Oslo Central Station is one of the most photographed "inhabitants" of the Norwegian capital. When Oslo celebrated its thousandth anniversary in the year 2000, Eiendomsspar wanted to offer a gift to the city. Oslo asked for a tiger and that's what they got: a bronze tiger 4.5 meters long. The sculpture made by Elena Engelsen, is one of the first things that tourists see when they arrive at the Oslo Central Station.
The Cathedral of Oslo, historically known as Church of Our Savior, is the cathedral of the Lutheran diocese of the same name, belonging to the Church of Norway, and the national cathedral of Norway. It was consecrated in 1697
The parliament building was completed in 1866 and was designed by the architect Victor Langlet. The Storting is unicameral, but it is divided into two departments in terms of legislative matters. After the elections the Storting chooses a quarter of its members to form the Lagting a kind of "upper chamber", with the remaining three quarters forming the odelsting or "lower chamber". It has 169 seats.
It was created on July 1, 2003 after the merger of the Norwegian Museum of Architecture, the Museum of Decorative Arts and Design, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the National Gallery of Norway, and the national tour exhibitions. collection is one of the versions of The Scream (Skrik) by Edvard Munch.
The National Theater is one of the largest and most important places in Norway for the performance of the dramatic arts. The theater had its first performance on September 1, 1899, but its origins can be traced back to the Christiania Theater, which was founded in 1829 There were three presentations for the official opening, in later days in September.
The Royal Palace is the residence of the kings of Norway in Oslo. It was built in the 19th century, 1 between 1823 and 1848, with a C-shaped plan, where the central side is wider and contains a central body projecting towards both sides.2 It is the work of the architect Hans Linstow, 3 who designed it for Charles XIV John of Sweden, King of Sweden and Norway, who after reaching power in 1818 wanted to build a palace in Oslo. The building, of three heights, includes a chapel and a ballroom. It has a room called Sala de los Pájaros that has paintings of birds on the walls. After the independence of Norway in 1905 the palace, which had not been used too much by the Swedish kings, became the heritage of the Norwegian royal house, which currently uses it as a place of work and not as a residence.
The Oslo City Hall is the building that houses the municipal corporation of Oslo, the administration of the city and some studios and art galleries. Postmodern architecture
The fortress of Akershus (in Norwegian: Akershus festning) is a complex of military buildings located in Oslo, Norway, and strategically located next to the Oslo Fjord. It was erected in the Middle Ages as a royal castle, which also served as the seat for the king's representatives. In the seventeenth century it was modified in Renaissance style and surrounded by a fortress with bastions. The complex, more than 700 years old, has survived several sieges, but has never been conquered by force by a foreign army. It currently serves as a headquarters, officer's school and accommodation space. A part of the fortress was used for a while as a prison and forced labor area for inmates during the 19th century.
The Oslo Opera (in Norwegian: Operahuset), erected in front of the Oslo Fjord, the capital of Norway is the most important performing arts center in that country. It was opened in 2008 and was designed by the Norwegian architectural firm Snøhetta, author of other projects such as the Norwegian embassy in Berlin and the Bibliotheca Alexandrina in Alexandria, Egypt. Inspired by an iceberg emerging from the sea, it is entirely covered with white Carrara marble and glass. The main auditorium has capacity for 1,364 spectators, its spider of 7 meters in diameter, weighs 8 tons and has more than 8,000 light-emitting diodes and 5,800 elements of glass and glass. The main stage is 16 meters below sea level, 16 meters wide by 40 meters deep. The second auditorium has capacity for 400 people; the complex houses 1100 rooms and cost a total of 528 million euros. The building won the World Architecture Festival in Barcelona in 2008.
Edificios modernos
The museum pays homage to Norwegian polar exploration and the three great Norwegian polar explorers Fridtjof Nansen, Otto Sverdrup and Roald Amundsen. The Fram ship shown is the original, with its interior intact. Visitors can enter the ship and observe it inside. The museum tells the story of Norwegian polar exploration, which is compared to the world history of research on the polar regions. The museum also presents images of fauna of the polar regions, such as polar bears and penguins. It was inaugurated on May 20, 1936.
The museum was built with the original purpose of housing the Kon-Tiki, a boat built with balsa wood and based on a pre-Columbian Peruvian model. This vessel was used by Heyerdahl to navigate between Peru and Polynesia following the ocean currents in 1947. Another vessel is the Ra II, built with reeds of aquatic plants according to Heyerdahl's conception of the appearance of vessels of this type in Ancient Egypt. The explorer used this boat to travel from North Africa to the Caribbean Sea, after a previous attempt on Ra I had failed before reaching its goal.
At that time, the Gokstad ship and the Oseberg ship had been deposited in temporary warehouses at the University of Oslo for several years. An architectural contest that was won by the Arnstein Arneberg project was announced. The corridor for the Oseberg boat was built with funding from the Norwegian Parliament. The ship was moved from the warehouses of the University in 1926. The ships of the building for the ships of Gokstad and Tune were completed in 1932, but the last part of the building was delayed due to the Second World War. The last part for other findings of the Oseberg ship was completed in 1957.
The Norwegian People's Museum is an open-air museum located in Bygdø, Oslo. This museum shows through 155 houses the history and culture of the different regions of Norway. Also there is located the Gol wooden church of the year 1200. The exhibitions include activities with the staff in their typical costume, bunad, typical dances, crafts and carriages.
The main attraction of the park is the Monolito, which is a unique block of granite that stands on a stepped octagonal platform, is 17 meters high, and is sculpted with 121 human figures naked and intertwined.
The Frogner Park is the largest public park in Oslo. Inside is the famous Vigeland Park, an area dedicated to the permanent exhibition of some two hundred sculptures and other works of art by the Norwegian sculptor Gustav Vigeland.
Estación Central de Oslo
Exit the ferry to go to Bigdoy, get off at the 2nd stop. The Aker Brygge area is the port of Oslo
Embarcadero de Bigdoy, Ferry
Parada Bus 30, coger el bus hasta Olav Kyrres plass
Parada Bus 30
Parada tranvia 12, coger el tranvia hasta la parada Solli


  • Photo of Toni Jordà

    Toni Jordà Nov 23, 2018

    I made a similar tour last summer. Oslo is a cozy and beautiful city.

  • Photo of roncesvalles2

    roncesvalles2 Apr 20, 2019

    I have followed this trail  verified  View more

    Nos ha servido de mucha ayuda. Una ruta perfecta para conocer Oslo en un día. Mil gracias por compartirla.

You can or this trail