Viewed 628 times, downloaded 5 times
near Parel, Mahārāshtra (India)
Starting from Parel Station which is one of the heritage place itself, With https://www.facebook.com/Khaki.Tours/
Some of the places covered in The Queensway Walk:
• The story of how and why Kingsway and Queensway were built.
• A bridge that was manufactured in Scotland and a railway loco workshop that has manufactured engines for World Heritage sites.
• The Church of St Mary's, the Virgin
• KEM and Wadia hospital
• The location from where the first tram started its journey.
• A private temple that displays the owner's family tree over 10 generations.
• A unique twin shivling.
• The house where Dr. Ambedkar stayed as a student.
• Legendary hospitals of Parel.How a humble educationist became a part of the movement that ensured Mumbai was turned into the capital of Maharashtra.
• The hall in which the first British royal to visit India conducted his durbar.
• A hill made of pillow lava that once housed the only 'Parsi Madresa' in Mumbai.
• An ancient shrine housing the Tiger Goddess.How the plague epidemic changed the shape of Parel and Mumbai.
• A centuries-old ‘hero stone’ that commemorates an unknown battle.
• The show stopper of the walk was a magnificent 5th century towering shaivite bas-relief