Viewed 218 times, downloaded 1 times
near Ellinikó Trikolonón, Peloponnese (Greece)
Second edition of the race. This year I managed to make it to the podium with 3rd place finish in 6:24'. My time was actually about 20' slower than last year due to two factors: some minor changes in the route making the whole race a bit slower; and me not pushing so hard the last section as there was no one to chase nor chasing me :-P.
Since the route is 95% the same and I already uploaded it from last year: https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=14721104, I will focus on the changes only:
1. we did a small round in the village, before hitting the trails.
2. instead of running ~1k on asphalt road Stemnitsa-Karitena, a new path was cleared to cut this section
3. at ~8th km, new path by the river Lousios in direction to Monastery of Kalamiou was opened. Super nice!
4. When leaving Palaioxori, we passed through the Museum of Natural Water in Dimitsana with a nice path.
5. Large section before and after Zigovitsi village was now done with hiking path instead of dirt road, more technical but definitely better.
6. and finally, a tiny but different pass through Stemnitsa.
I would say that all of the above were changes for better! Hopefully they will also figure sthg out for the last section from Stemnitsa to Elliniko, which by far is the worst part of the race :-/