Coordinates 280

Uploaded August 19, 2013

Recorded August 2013

-
-
259 f
97 f
0
3.9
7.9
15.77 mi

Viewed 1048 times, downloaded 1 times

near Iberville, Quebec (Canada)

|
Show original
An Info-Bike Booth is located next to the bike path near Gourmet Station Market in Farnham. You'll find trained patrollers who will be happy to answer your questions and provide information on the region's tourist attractions. There are also sanitary facilities.

Montérégiades
Green Road # 1 from Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu to Granby

The Montérégiade bike path re-reads Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Granby, in the Montérégie region. Installed on a disused railway line, it crosses a very fertile agricultural zone, on a total distance of 48KM, mostly in rock dust. Between the trail and the surrounding fields, a wooded buffer zone on each side protects cyclists from wind and sun. It is a bike path separated from the roads for practically all its length, except in the cities. The Montérégiade is a stretch of Green Route # 1 and the Trans Canada Trail. The cities of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Farnham and Granby offer their attractions and services.

View more external

|
Show original
Information

La Montérégiade (Ville de Farnham)

This cycle route with rural and market garden landscapes links the regions of Montérégie and the Eastern Townships. Cyclists can enjoy the smells of orchards and the colors of the countryside. In the segment that crosses Granby, the track "Montérégiades" allows cyclists to reach the city center of Granby via the Miner Bridge. Historical The Town of Farnham takes its name from an English village in Surrey County, not far from London. When it was created, the Township of Farnham was split into three concessions. The first Loyalist citizens were enumerated in the late 1790s, and in 1831 the Village of West Farnham had 1,239 citizens. In 1817, Whipple Cook, an American from Rhode Island, built the first known sawmill on the territory, on the south side of the Yamaska ​​River, in front of Saint-Romuald Church (now Conrad-Blain Park). ). In 1836, the opening of the Champlain & St-Lawrence Railway between Laprairie and Saint-Jean-Dorchester had a marked influence on the development of West-Farnham. The same year, a service of diligence, passing through West-Farnham, is put into service. In 1862, the Village of West Farnham was officially created. Mr. Louis Bourdon is then designated mayor of this first community. December 28, 1876, the Village is erected in City. Finally, on March 8, 2000, the Municipality of Rainville and the Town of Farnham merge to give birth to the current City of Farnham.
|
Show original
River

La Montérégiade (Rivière Richelieu et Pont Gouin)

Section of Green Road # 1 and the Trans Canada Trail The Montérégiade bike path re-reads Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Granby, in the Montérégie region. Installed on a disused railway line, it crosses a very fertile agricultural zone, on a total distance of 48KM, mostly in rock dust. Between the trail and the surrounding fields, a wooded buffer zone on each side protects cyclists from wind and sun. It is a bike path separated from the roads for practically all its length, except in the cities. The Montérégiade is a stretch of Green Route # 1 and the Trans Canada Trail. The cities of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Farnham and Granby offer their attractions and services. In Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, on the east shore of the Richelieu, lies the Iberville sector. A small park with a monument is right at the entrance of the bridge. By following the indications of the cycle path we go through small streets and we end at the beginning of a dirt track. A park with imposing statues and a rather original style is worth seeing and stopping there.
|
Show original
Museum

La Montérégiade (Iberville, Parc Pierre-LeMoyne-d'Iberville)

Pierre-LeMoyne-d'Iberville Park Located along the bike path between the Richelieu River and 2nd Street, this park is a quiet place where it is pleasant to walk. Several sculptures make it a very special place. The area around the Gouin Bridge has several parks on the banks of the Richelieu River. All bike paths take you there, so it's inevitable that you will discover it. A park with imposing statues and a rather original style is worth seeing and stopping there.
Intersection

La Montérégiade (Iberville, 2e Rue)

Intersection

La Montérégiade (Iberville, Rue Vincelette)

Intersection

La Montérégiade (Iberville, Rue Cormier)

Intersection

La Montérégiade (Iberville, Rue Honorée Mercier)

Intersection

La Montérégiade (Iberville, Rue Samuel de Champlain)

Intersection

La Montérégiade (Iberville, Boulevard d'Iberville)

Information

La Montérégiade (Iberville, Autoroute de la Vallée-des-Forts)

Tree

La Montérégiade (3e Rang)

Tree

La Montérégiade (4e Rang S)

Tree

La Montérégiade (Rang Kempt)

Tree

La Montérégiade (Rang Double)

Tree

La Montérégiade (Rang Lareau)

|
Show original
Picnic

La Montérégiade (Rang de Versailles)

Rank of Versailles, aka Route 227 Montérégiade II is part of Montérégie's rich cycling network. This route provides access to the city of Farnham, starting point for very nice walks in all directions. The trail crosses beautiful fields and offers, in clear weather, views to the mountains of Vermont (Jay Peak) and Adirondacks (Lyon Mountain). It also crosses woods whose freshness is welcome in hot weather. In the fall, when you ride alone under the bustard flights, it's a real treat.
|
Show original
panorama

La Montérégiade (Montée de Versailles)

Ascent of Versailles The Green Route # 1 Trans-Canada Trail http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~marcotte/VeloBerville/Monter/Monter4.html
panorama

La Montérégiade (8e Rang)

|
Show original
Picnic

La Montérégiade (Sainte-Brigide-d'Iberville, 9e Rang)

Passerelle Air repos Sainte-Brigide-d'Iberville, formerly known as South West River, Murray's Cornor and Sainte-Brigide-de-Monnoir, is a municipality in the province of Quebec in Canada. It is one of the municipalities belonging to the regional municipality of the county of the Upper Richelieu, in the region of Montérégie East in Montérégie. The territory of Sainte-Brigide-d'Iberville is located between Saint-Césaire to the northeast, Farnham to the east, Sainte-Sabine to the southeast, Saint-Alexandre to the southwest, Mont-Saint-Grégoire to the west as well as Sainte-Angèle-de Monnoir to the northwest.4 It is located 15 kilometers east of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, the headquarters of the MRC, and northeast of the city of Farnham.3 Its total area is 70.69 km² whose 70.62 km2 are solid ground.1 Sainte-Brigide-d'Iberville is located in the San Lorenzo plain.
|
Show original
panorama

La Montérégiade (Farnham, Chemin Lebeau)

Farnham is a city in the province of Quebec, Canada. It is located in the regional municipality of Brome-Missisquoi county and in turn, in the Montérégie East region in Montérégie. It forms part of the electoral districts of Brome-Missisquoi at provincial level and of Brome-Missisquoi at the federal level. Farnham is located at coordinates 45 ° 17'00 "N 72 ° 59'00" W. According to Statistique Canada, it has an area of ​​land of 92.04 km² and is one of the 1135 municipalities in which the territory of the province of Quebec is administratively divided. http://www.ville.farnham.qc.ca
|
Show original
Photo

La Montérégiade (Farnham, École de Parachutisme)

PARACHUTISM NEW AIR 200 LEBEAU ROAD FARNHAM, QUEBEC J2N 2P9 CANADA A parachuting center unique in Quebec For more than 20 years, Parachutisme Nouvel Air offers uninitiated people the opportunity to jump into one of the most intoxicating activities: free fall. Bringing together Canada's most qualified paratroopers, our school stands out through the proven expertise of its instructors and its values ​​of innovation and development.
|
Show original
Picnic

La Montérégiade (Farnham, Route de Contournement)

Opening of the bypass north of Farnham. The new section will improve the safety of users of the local road network and provide access to Highway 10 and Highway 104. It will also allow truckers to avoid urbanized areas. The City of Farnham contributed $ 600,000.
|
Show original
Provisioning

La Montérégiade (Farnham, Rue Saint-Grégoire)

The Town of Farnham takes its name from an English village in Surrey County, not far from London. Large fires The period from 1901 to 1916 was designated as the era of great fires. Indeed, in 1901, the Church of St. Romuald is ravaged by the flames. A few years later, in 1909, the fire ravaged part of downtown, the streets of the Depot (today City Hall) and Main (between Meigs St. and St. Vincent). Downtown On the night of July 30 to 31, 1911, downtown Farnham was again destroyed by a fire that began in the delivery of a hotelier (today 421 rue de l'Hotel-de-Ville) . In 1912, Saint-Romuald College was destroyed and finally the Hospice in 1916. A legend has it that the presence in Farnham of the priest, Joseph-Magloire Laflamme, from 1900 to 1915, brought misfortune to the City!
|
Show original
Provisioning

La Montérégiade (Farnham, Rue Jacques Cartier N)

Historical The first Loyalist citizens were enumerated in the late 1790s, and in 1831 the Village of West Farnham had 1,239 citizens. In 1817, Whipple Cook, an American from Rhode Island, built the first known sawmill on the territory, on the south side of the Yamaska ​​River, in front of Saint-Romuald Church (now Conrad-Blain Park). ). In 1836, the opening of the Champlain & St-Lawrence Railway between Laprairie and Saint-Jean-Dorchester had a marked influence on the development of West-Farnham. The same year, a service of diligence, passing through West-Farnham, is put into service. In 1862, the Village of West Farnham was officially created. Mr. Louis Bourdon is then designated mayor of this first community. December 28, 1876, the Village is erected in City. Finally, on March 8, 2000, the Municipality of Rainville and the Town of Farnham merge to give birth to the current City of Farnham.
|
Show original
Train stop

La Montérégiade (Gare de Farnham)

DESCRIPTION OF THE HERITAGE PLACE The Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) station in Farnham, Quebec is a two-storey building with a roof terrace built in 1950 according to the construction principles of the international style. It is located at 191 Victoria Street, in the heart of the city, just east of the junction of two major railway lines. HERITAGE VALUE The Farnham CP Rail Station has been designated a Heritage Railway Station because of its historical, architectural and environmental significance. This station was built in 1950 to replace the old station destroyed by the flames in 1949, and also because Farnham occupies a key strategic location on the CP rail network. It is located at the intersection of two railway lines running east to west across Canada and from north to south to the United States. The construction of this station in 1950 coincided with the heyday of CP's post-war expansion, in which the company introduced the diesel technology and a new organizational framework. Farnham has become the administrative center of the eastern rail network, with more than 500 employees. History Farnham proved to be an important railway center. The first railway company was inaugurated in 1858 by Stanstead Shefford and Chambly. A second railway company, the South Eastern Railway, inaugurated the Farhham-Newport section in 1873. This company built a 3-storey brick station, which by its vast proportions and high-end restaurant made it one of the most towering stations in Quebec. In 1883, the CPR acquired the latter company. Unfortunately, in 1949, a fire completely destroyed this station. The new station, the current station was inaugurated in 1951. By 1976, infrastructures such as repair factories, the turntable, express offices and luggage were demolished. The last passenger train entered the station on 24 October 1980. On September 27, 1996, the CPR sold its possessions in Farnham and in the region to Iron Rail Road, named Quebec-South. Subsequently, the Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway company became the owner in 2002. Since 2003, an intermodal station has been operating in Farnham.

Comments

    You can or this trail