Viewed 896 times, downloaded 35 times
near Gornyy Sadovod, Almaty Oblysy (Kazakhstan)
- Climb to Peak Shymbulak and continue on the ridge. The descent towards Peak Bashuta is steep and filled with loose rock.
- Follow the ridge over Peak Bashuta untill Peak Panorama. Peak Furmonav is straight North so take the ridge on the right, and the split left 200m further.
- After Furmanov there are two main trails going to Medeo, one going straight down the valley, another following the ridge for much longer.
- Don't underestimate the altitude of 3400m. Preferably prepare with some lower acclimatization hikes.
- There is no cellphone reception for most of the hike. Take a sat phone if you value your safety.
- When doing this hike in the opposite direction, take into account the closing time of the cable car (16:30)!
- In case you arrive late at night, there will be no buses or taxis. Have a phone number of a taxi service or other pickup with you (and a powerbank).
- Clouds often form quickly around noon. Get up early if you want good views.