Viewed 332 times, downloaded 32 times
near Maastricht, Limburg (Nederland)
Very relaxing, one to one and a half hour walk through the beautiful historic centre of Maastricht. See the places most tourist won't see ! By local guide.
Things you can do during your walk, if you want to spend more time ( highly recommended) :
- Light a candle in he chapel of the Onze Lieve Vrouwe church.
- Visit the Bisschopsmolen, a watermill at work.( you can also use the backdoor and continue the route from here)
- Walk the medieval city walls and enjoy the view
- Visit the Sint Servaasbasiliek and it's crypt. The oldest church in the Netherlands, dating back to 560AD
- Buy a book in boekhandel Dominicanen, housed in a former church this bookshop was rated by the New York Times amongst the 10 most beautiful ones in the world.
- and last but not least : stop and relax at one of the countless terraces and cafés !
WARNING- The first part of the city walls are not accessible at the moment due to a partial collapse of the wall !!
100% satisfaction guaranteed.