Viewed 3829 times, downloaded 107 times
near Puerto Navarino, Magallanes (Chile)
Beautiful diversified trail from coast to coast through wood, peat, gras, lake and mountain areas. Following the old marks as far as possible.
- there is unfortunately no public transport to Puente Lum und little private traffic. You can go by hitch-hiking or take a lift with Ushuaia Booting.
- starting at Wulaia is firstime a wood section (hito 15 to 14) with one spot of maximal distruction by storm. Among hito 14 an hito 3 ist mainly a open terrain and hiking is more easy.
- from Wulaia is it possible to do it in one day, if the weather is fine.
- some cairns and bars are far apart and invisible under bad weather conditions, so GPS, a map and compass can be very useful !
- it is recommendable to stay on the way.
- go with proper gear and knowledge to use it.
- be aware of the risk that in case of trouble nobody will or can help you.
- under "Cabo de Hornos, Walaia – Ruta Patrimonial Nº16" you can find in the WWW a good description (68 pages) of the track from the "Ministerio de Bienes Nacionale". But note: all named GPS-coordinates are wrong. Even with transformation from datum PSAD56 or SA69 to WSG84. The named datum "P. South America 69" is not existing.