Viewed 523 times, downloaded 13 times
near Morro Betania, Departamento de Antioquia (Republic of Colombia)
1. Mirador cristo - you can skip the Long way and go via Calle 11 or something similar. There is a wooden bridge to cross and then follow the trail
Start with Christ
- Turn away so your back is at the city. Then you’ll see a track 1km
- The join a big track and turn right follow down. 2km (concrete)
- Then reach crossing to see the cascade de escalera.
See big house in yellow bamboo. Sign for escalera. Follow.
- After waterfall. Waterfall on left side. Open gates for 1 hour follow track.
- Reach 2 farms. Around 1 farm. That is yellow. Keep going on the track. Well marked.
- The track is going up. It’s s grass track. Cross gates.
- Climbing. After 45 mins. Garantes de dragón.
- Keep going and track well marked. Quite steep. Around 45 mins walk
- Then arrive at a flat place. Open wood / forest. You have to remember you hear the water. Will be wet grasss. .**** before the track. 20m you will find there is a metal sign on the tree. Don’t throw your rubbish (basura). it’s a white and red sign
- Really small path on the right going down with ropes, follow down 25 mins . Not the one on the left.
- then When you see 2 ways First go left . Then take the right path to the river. Remove shoes to cross river. 20 mins reach Salto del angel. Back to the same way.
- Right Go straight and Cuevas de los guacharos.
- Go back the same way. Then take the same route back to the town.
- If you don’t want to go via the Cristo. When you get back to escalera. Go left to avoid crist.
*** maybe pay 10000 for national park entry at a tiny office near the main square. Place name is Jardin Es Tuyo - next to bancocolombia