Time  2 hours 59 minutes

Coordinates 3019

Uploaded July 5, 2015

Recorded July 2015

-
-
410 f
14 f
0
6.0
12
23.99 mi

Viewed 1019 times, downloaded 2 times

near Saint-Ubalde, Quebec (Canada)

|
Show original
Saint-Ubalde
Area: 141.28 km²
Population: 1,394 (2013)
Gentile: Ubaldian, ienne
Newspaper: The St-U

Saint-Ubalde is a municipality in the regional county municipality of Portneuf in Quebec (Canada), located in the administrative region of the Capitale-Nationale.
This farming community is renowned for growing potatoes. It is also recognized as a resort with its many lakes and valleys. It is named in honor of Ubaldo Baldassini, Bishop of Gubbio in the twelfth century and canonized.

The territory of Saint-Ubalde has been detached from that of Saint-Casimir. The parish was founded in 1860 and the municipality in 1873. The village municipality (central core) broke away from that of parish in 1920 but the two merged again in 1973.
The first settlers arrived from Neuville.
(See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Ubalde)

St. Thuribe
Established over an area of ​​more than 50 square kilometers, where agricultural land stands alongside vast deciduous broad masses of trees, Saint-Thuribe is one of those small villages typical of the hinterland that has built its economy on the riches of the soil, especially maple syrup. From the top of the hill dominated by the church, Saint-Thuribe takes a look at the surrounding plain crisscrossed by the rivers Blanche and Niagarette.

Born in the late nineteenth century on part of the seigniory of Grondines, the parish of Saint-Thuribe came from the detachment of part of the territory of the parish of St. Casimir in 1898. Was erected canonically in 1897, its parish name refers to the patron saint Turibe, first saint who worked in America. Born in the first half of the 16th century, Toribio Alonso de Mogrovejo served as president of the Inquisition's court in Granada from 1572 to 1581 and became archbishop of Lima in 1580. Beatified in 1679, he became a canonist in 1726. At the image of the post office established in 1898, the parish was formerly named Saint-Thuribe-de-Grandbois in tribute to a pioneer family of the place. This appellation of anthroponymic nature was used mainly in everyday language. As for the Gentile 'Thuribian', who was already in the ecclesiastical correspondence in 1900, he was recognized in 1986.
(See http://www.st-thuribe.net/index.asp?numero=15)

Saint-Casimir is a municipality in the regional county municipality of Portneuf in Quebec, located in the administrative region of Capitale-Nationale. It is located about 80 km southwest of Quebec City and about 50 km northeast of Trois-Rivières.

The territory of Saint-Casimir covers an area of ​​approximately 66 km². Saint-Casimir is crossed from north-east to south-west by the Sainte-Anne River (Mauricie).
The Sainte-Anne River (Mauricie) has its source in the lake of the same name located in the Parc des Laurentides. This river is known internationally for the famous tomato fishing. The tomcod does not rise however up to the height of Saint-Casimir.
A few kilometers east of the heart of Saint-Casimir, on the south shore of the Sainte-Anne River (Mauricie) is a cave called Le Trou du Diable. This cave is the second largest in Quebec. The Black and White rivers are two other important tributaries in this municipality.
(See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Casimir)

Deschambault-Grondines is a municipality of Quebec incorporated in the Regional County Municipality (MRC) of Portneuf, in the administrative region of Capitale-Nationale. It was created in 2002 by the merger of the villages of Deschambault and Grondines2. It borders the north shore of the St. Lawrence River, between Trois-Rivières and Québec City. The municipality is a member of the Federation of Relay Villages of Quebec.
Since 1992, there has been a large Alcoa aluminum smelter that employs 550 people and produces 253,000 metric tons of material annually3.
In the 2006 census, there were 2,032 inhabitants4.

The village of Deschambault is located in the eastern part of the municipality. It originates from the seigniory of Chavigny, conceded in 1640 by the Company of New France. In 1671, Jacques-Alexis Fleury, Sieur Deschambault, married the heiress of the lordship and he became the owner in 1683 by an exchange of land. He gives his name to his new domain. Saint-Joseph-de-Deschambault parish was founded in 1713 and canonically erected in 1753. The parish municipality was created in 1855, and the village municipality separated in 1951. These two entities were regrouped again in 1989.
(Cf. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deschambault-Grondines)
Photo

Km 0 Rues St-Paul vs St-Denis

Km 0 Rues St-Paul vs St-Denis
Bridge

Km1.2 Pont

Km1.2 Pont
Intersection

Km 2.1

Km 2.1
Photo

Km 2.9

Km 2.9
panorama

Km 4.9

Km 4.9
Intersection

Km 5.2 St-Georges vs St-Joseph

Km 5.2 St-Georges vs St-Joseph
Photo

Km 6.6

Km 6.6
Intersection

Km 11.4 St-Joseph vs Route Chalifour

Km 11.4 St-Joseph vs Route Chalifour
Photo

Km 14.5 Saint-Thuribe

Km 14.5 Saint-Thuribe
panorama

Km 16.3

Km 16.3
panorama

Km 18.3

Km 18.3
panorama

Km 20.2 Saint-Casimir

Km 20.2 Saint-Casimir
River

Km 20.9 Rivière noire

Km 20.9 Rivière noire
panorama

Km 21.6

panorama

Km 21.6 Saint-Casimir

Km 21.6 Saint-Casimir
Photo

Km 22.7

Km 22.7
Photo

Km 26

Km 26
panorama

Km 29.7

Km 29.7
Intersection

Km 30.9

Km 30.9
Intersection

Km 31.3 JCT 40

Km 31.3 JCT 40
Intersection

Km 33.6 JCT 138 Chemin du Roy

Km 33.6 JCT 138 Chemin du Roy
River

Km 37.9 Rivière de la Chevrotière

Km 37.9 Rivière de la Chevrotière
Intersection

Km 38.5 Fin Rte 138 vs Rte Dussault

Km 38.5 Fin Rte 138 vs Rte Dussault

Comments

    You can or this trail