Time  36 minutes

Coordinates 400

Uploaded August 11, 2014

Recorded June 2014

  • Rating

     
  • Information

     
  • Easy to follow

     
  • Scenery

     
-
-
76 f
8 f
0
1.5
2.9
5.84 mi

Viewed 4370 times, downloaded 7 times

near Québec, Quebec (Canada)

|
Show original
Linear Park of the Rivière-Saint-Charles:

32 km long, this beautiful hiking trail is laid out in 13 sectors, along the banks of the Saint-Charles River, from its mouth in the Old Port, to its source, Lake Saint-Charles. You can discover the various landscapes of this river that gave birth to Quebec: green parks, historic sites, peaceful undergrowth, more urban areas, others more wild. Throughout the route, several bridges and bridges allow you to cross from one side to the other of the river.

Certified by the Quebec Federation of Walking, the trail is classified easy level. However, there are some stairs and landings, especially in the area of ​​Kabir Kouba waterfall.

Bicycle path of the linear park of the Saint-Charles River
Corridor of the Rivière-Saint-Charles (9 km)

Multifunctional runway along the two banks of the Saint-Charles River with parallel footpath from Samson Bridge in the east to Scott Bridge in a westerly direction, totaling 4.7 km on the north side and 4.3 on the north side. South side.

Schedule: May 1 to September 30

Cycling: It is possible to cycle in the downtown portion of the park, between Samson Bridges and Scott Bridges. The total length of this section is 8 km, 4 km on each side of the river. In-line skaters and people with reduced mobility can also drive in this area. The rest of the trail is reserved for hikers, since it includes several sets of stairs.

More details: www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/parclineire

View more external

  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Aire de repos et fontaine)
Four seasons to live nature 32 km long and laid out in 13 enchanting sectors, the linear park stretches along the banks of the Saint-Charles River, from the Old Port to Lake Saint-Charles. In summer -Market - Launching -Bike -Rollerblading -Walk on trail 32 km -Canot Kayak 10.7 km -Bike 8 km - Inline skate 8 km In winter Market Cross-country skiing Racket Skating slide Walking on groomed snow 30 km (two sections closed in winter *) Cross-country skiing 16.6 km (two trails 8 and 8.6 km) Racket 4 km Ice skating 1.5 km slide
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (pont-tunnel Joseph-Samson )
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (pont-tunnel Joseph-Samson )
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (pont-tunnel Joseph-Samson )
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (pont-tunnel Joseph-Samson )
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (pont-tunnel Joseph-Samson )
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (pont-tunnel Joseph-Samson )
This tunnel bridge is built in the Saint-Charles River area. This name recalls the memory of Joseph-Octave Samson (Saint-Isidore, 1862 - Quebec, 1945), industrialist. He was mayor of Quebec from 1920 to 1926, then a Liberal MP in the Legislative Assembly from 1927 to 1935. It is likely that he was involved in the project that led to the construction of the Samson Bridge in 1930, which changed its name to the Joseph-Samson Tunnel Bridge in 1984, following the construction of the tunnel and the modernization of the bridge. He was also one of the promoters of the cold stores for the fishermen of Gaspésie. His son, Wilfrid, became a Liberal MP from 1944 to 1948.
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Dorchester)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Dorchester)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Dorchester)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Dorchester)
Guy Carleton, Baron Dorchester (1724-1808), is better known as Lord Dorchester, the baron's title granted to him in 1776 for saving Quebec during the American invasion the year before. This street was drawn in 1744 but we do not know what name it was given. In 1789, on the site of the current Drouin Bridge, the first Dorchester Bridge was inaugurated, named in honor of the Governor General, Lord Dorchester, who approved the construction. This bridge connects Saint-Roch to the north shore of the Saint-Charles River. Thirty years later, another bridge will be built east of the first, at the place it still occupies today. The street leading to the first bridge would have been called rue du Vieux-Pont for a while. The name Dorchester Street appears for the first time on a map of 1829. Sector of the Aqueduct Bridge This urban area will charm you thanks to its footbridge which spans the river, its few stairs and its sidewalks installed on the walls of the cliff. Note that the multifunctional trail, accessible from the area of ​​the mouth, ends there.
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la Rivière Saint-Charles (parc du Vieux-Passage)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la Rivière Saint-Charles (parc du Vieux-Passage)
Bridgehead of the Saint-Charles River In 1759, a temporary fortification was erected on both sides of the Saint-Charles River to protect a fording that allowed movement between the two banks. This fortification was made of earth embankments. Built in haste on the orders of the commander of the French troops, the Marquis Louis-Joseph de Montcalm (Candiac, 1712 - Quebec, 1759), it was to prevent a British invasion from the east. The book was not used for the defense of Quebec. Located at the intersection of 1st Avenue and 4th Street, the Old Passage Park commemorates today the fording and evokes the presence of the temporary fortification. The park plan is reminiscent of the old landscape: an oblique path for the Beauport road, irregular slabs for the fording, blue-foliage plants for the Saint-Charles and a wall for the fortification. Interpretation panels explain each element of the layout and history of the site.
  • Photo of Lieu historique national du Canada Cartier-Brébeuf
  • Photo of Lieu historique national du Canada Cartier-Brébeuf
  • Photo of Lieu historique national du Canada Cartier-Brébeuf
The Cartier-Brébeuf National Historic Site commemorates the wintering of Jacques Cartier and his companions in 1535-1536, near the Iroquois village of Stadacona. It also testifies to the establishment, in 1625-1626, of the first residence of the Jesuit missionaries in Quebec. Located on the north shore of the Saint-Charles River in the heart of Quebec City, the site is a beautiful urban park, offering the general public an environment conducive to recreation and discovery. Live to the rhythm of major events and family activities, take the bike path, explore an amazing ecosystem, picnic on the grass and enjoy the annedda, an infusion with powerful healing properties. What a good time in an inspiring environment! Sector of Anse-à-Cartier The presence of several specialized hospitality services, including Maison Dorion-Coulombe and Cartier-Brébeuf National Historic Site, will appeal to history buffs.
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Lavigueur)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Lavigueur)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Lavigueur)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Lavigueur)
The Lavigueur Bridge is one of the many bridges crossing the Saint-Charles River that crosses Quebec City. It was built in 1867 under the name of Bickell Bridge to connect Stadacona to the Pointe aux Lièvres. In 1916, the bridge changed its name to Lavigueur Bridge, in honor of Henri-Edgar Lavigueur, Mayor of Quebec at that time.
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Autoroute Laurentienne 175)
House Dorion-Coulombe St. Charles River Interpretation Center Gateway to the linear park of Rivière-Saint-Charles and a place of information and awareness, this warm ancestral home welcomes users of the linear park every day. There are many activities and exhibitions throughout the year. The house Dorion-Coulombe is located along the Saint-Charles River, close to the city center. Island Sector The Saint-Charles River has a very rich history, in particular punctuated by one of the most beautiful stories of renaturalization. In the 1990s, many citizens of Quebec City deplored the state of their river, particularly in the urban area. In the 1970s, both sides of the river were concreted over nearly 4 km from the mouth of the St. Lawrence River. In 1996, an initial phase of renaturalization will be carried out on nearly 400 m vis-à-vis Cartier-Brébeuf National Historic Site. A second phase will be carried out on the other bank, at the Marina St-Roch. Then in the early 2000s all renaturalization will be done on both shores. Today, the result is striking, the concrete has disappeared, the flora and fauna have taken their place, so that this river, once perceived as an open dump, is now the pride of the residents of Quebec.
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Marie-de-l'Incarnation)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Marie-de-l'Incarnation)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Marie-de-l'Incarnation)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Marie-de-l'Incarnation)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Marie-de-l'Incarnation)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Marie-de-l'Incarnation)
The Marie-de-l'Incarnation Bridge is a bridge in the city of Quebec spanning the Saint-Charles River. It takes its name from the street of the same name of which it is a continuity, itself thus named in honor of Mary of the Incarnation. The fresco Art Passage of Nature was inaugurated under the Marie-de-l'Incarnation Bridge, in the Vanier sector. The 1425-foot work was done by 12 teenagers, aged between 12 and 17, from the La Parenthèse Youth Center. The young people were given some advice during various workshops with the artist Nathalie Côté. The creation of the work stretched from April to June.
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la Rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Scott)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la Rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Scott)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la Rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Scott)
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la Rivière Saint-Charles (Pont Scott)
The Scott Bridge, which spans the Saint-Charles River, is located in Quebec City. It was built in 1790 and rebuilt in 1818, 1823 and the twentieth century. It is named in honor of Thomas Scott, a rich and respected Englishman who came to Quebec in the early nineteenth century. A park, close to the south, bears the same name. Island Sector Always located in the most urban part, the amateurs of the nature in town will be able to appreciate the renaturalized banks which offer a panorama at the same time urban and rural. Close to Victoria Park and Quebec City Municipal Stadium (baseball).
  • Photo of Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles (Parc de l'Amérique-Latine)
The park of Latin America occupies a vast space of about 12, 000 square meters. It is located in the lower city of Quebec, between the courthouse and the mouth of the Saint-Charles River. POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES The park is designed for relaxation. It is accessible by the bike path along the Saint-Charles River. PARK OF LATIN AMERICA Behind the Quebec City Courthouse, at the mouth of the Saint-Charles River Quebec
  • Photo of Corridor du Littoral (piste cyclable)
Pont-tunnel Joseph-Samson Parc de l'Amérique-Latine

1 comment

You can or this trail