The goal of Wikiloc is to help you share and discover GPS trails and waypoints from around the World in an easy way.
Software Engineer specialized in the geospatial interoperability field. I graduated with a MS in Computer Science from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.
In 2006 I started to work on Wikiloc in my spare time and now we're a growing community of thousands of outdoor enthusiasts sharing our best outdoor routes from anywhere around the planet.
On the personal side I'm a vegetarian, I like statically-typed languages like Java, dynamic languages like Python, Unix-like operating systems and when not in the office I like to be in the outdoors trail running, back-country skiing or mountain biking.
For over 10 years I've been working managing teams and projects in the automotive and industrial sector, helping companies to innovate and to design new processes.
I hold a Master's degree in Engineering Management, a bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering and I'm a certified Quality Auditor.
Before joining Wikiloc I was in charge of the product productivity of the automotive business unit of TRETY and also in charge of the Industrialization, Production and Costs Department at INOXPA. I like traveling, all kind of outdoor sports and music.
We hope you find Wikiloc useful and that it helps you getting the most out of your GPS. You can help us to improve the service by letting us know what you think of it. Happy trails!
Bachelor in Business Administration from the UB and Master in Marketing Management from ESADE. Professionally, the projects I've worked on range from the financial to the marketing area.
I began in Caixa Girona with projects related to stock markets, then building the credit department in Laboratorios Hipra, SA, after that I was in charge of the Marketing Dpt. in Inoxpa, SA and currently in Wikiloc.
I love discovering new things: a country, a landscape, a book, a song …
I hope that if you practice and enjoy outdoor activities, Wikiloc will become an essential tool for your adventures.
Since 2005, my career has always been related to GPS, mapping and its applications. Before joining Wikiloc, I was part of the Geographic Information Service and Remote Sensing (SIGTE) in the UdG, developing GeoWeb projects using open source technologies, spatial databases and OGC standards.
I've also developed mobile applications with GPS, location-based services (LBS), and worked as a professor of spatial databases at the Master UNIGIS.
Wikiloc combines my passion for technology, cartography, and enjoying nature discovering new places with my GPS.
I hold a Computer Science degree from the UdG.
With over 7 years of professional experience I have always been in the web environment: development and maintenance of web applications and applications for small devices.
My hobbies are reading and practicing outdoor sports (biking, hiking and running).
I would like you find a trail on Wikiloc which helps you to achieve all the goals you challenge yourself with.
Happy entrepreneur in both personal and professional life. In the professional side I co-founded atrapalo.com 13 years ago in which I'm the CEO of the company. I also co-founded with my wife a social crowd-funding project, miaportacion.org, to help people under risk of being socially excluded with their basic needs.
But my biggest project is my BIG family with 7 children to whom I teach values like effort, perseverance, initiative, spirit of service that are so valuables for every aspect of life either personally or professionally although I learn much more from them.
Apart from that I'm a passionate of cycling, skiing and back-country skiing.
Mr. Roca is the sole investor in Wikiloc
MILESTONEGrowing to 2,000,000 trails worldwide April
MILESTONE3 million photos & videos taken along the trails February
AWARDAward by the Spanish Geographic Society (SGE)
AWARDWinner of the Internet Day contest. Sports category.
MILESTONETop App with inApp purchases on iTunes Navigation category (Spain) October
MILESTONELaunch a much requested feature: Trail Companions September
MILESTONE1,6 million unique visitors and 4,3 million trails downloaded in a year! August
MILESTONEWikiloc for iPhone!
PEOPLEWikiloc grows to 5 employees!
ANNIVERSARYWikiloc turns 5 years old April 7th
MILESTONELaunch of the first Wikiloc Channel (Costa Brava) March 15th
MILESTONE1.000.000 unique visitors per month March 18th
MILESTONE300.000 Trails March 6th
MILESTONE200.000 registered users December 29th
AWARDWinner of the Living Labs Global Showcase. For the regions of Taipei (Taiwan) and Comarca de la Selva (Girona).
MILESTONE200.000 Trails July 25th
AWARDWinner of "Dynamism in services" by Cambra de Comerç de Sant Feliu de Guíxols 4th June
MILESTONE100.000 Trails Setember 29th
AWARDWinner of the Geotourism Challenge by National Geographic and Ashoka Changemakers.
MILESTONE100.000 registered users November 27th
MEDIA"100 PROTAGONISTAS DEL PAÍS" Jordi Ramot December
TEAMMontserrat Jordi (Co-Founder) officially joins Wikiloc
MILESTONEAgreement with Google to show our trails as a default layer on Google Earth.
ANNIVERSARYWIKILOC OUTDOOR, SL. is founded.
MILESTONEFirst 1.000.000 pageviews per month October
AWARDGoogle Maps España gave Wikiloc an award for best mashup.
ANNIVERSARYJordi Ramot creates Wikiloc April 7th
Thanks to the following people for contributing with their creations...
Thanks to the following volunteers for translating Wikiloc to other languages
- Manuel Xosé Lemos for translating Wikiloc to Galego
- Marco Giulio Giolfo and Ferruccio Sonni for translating Wikiloc to Italian
- Pontus Olénson for translating Wikiloc to Swedish
- Chris Boogmans for translating Wikiloc to Dutch
- André Kraut for translating Wikiloc to Deutsch
- Arion for translating Wikiloc to Greek
- Larry for translating Wikiloc to Ukrainian
- Alex Milanovic for translating Wikiloc to Serbian
- Kertész Attila for translating Wikiloc to Hungarian
- Herurg for translating Wikiloc to Russian
- Grzegorz and Zbigniew Ilków for translating Wikiloc to Polish
- Emerson Zamprogno for translating Wikiloc to Portuguese (Brazil)
- Ersan Cinan for translating Wikiloc to Turkish
- Robert Beck for translating Wikiloc to Icelandic
- Jan Jensen for translating Wikiloc to Dansk
- Chi and Lluís from Sinalunya for translating Wikiloc to Chinese (traditional and simplified)
- Manel Monmany for reviewing and correcting the Catalan translation
French translation has been possible thanks to…
- Joaquín Muñoz
- Eric Klinger including wikiloc's help translation
Euskera translation has been possible thanks to…
- Iñaki Arrieta Baro
- Jesus Romo Uriarte
- Juanjo Barandiaran Arratibel
- Lore Goenaga Mendiola
- Jose Antonio Meoqui
Thanks to the following people for sharing their knowledge and work on the Net
- Geonames.org team, for one of the most relevant web services on the Net
- Mike Williams, for his excellent documentation of the Google Maps API
- Kyle Mulka, for sharing his ideas on how to use third party map servers with Google Maps
- Ron Henderson, for the G7ToWin conversor
- Robert Lipe and team for GPSBabel (used internally in wikiloc)
- Mark James, for sharing his nice icon library with everyone
- Radio Paradise for so many hours of good music
- OpenCycleMap and OpenStreetMap contributors
Wikiloc is a free service built with the following free software
And last but not least, thanks to...
- The Google Maps and Google Earth teams for revolutionizing the concept of Internet Mapping