Search for:

Board index  »  Questions, help, problems... all about Wikiloc  »  GPX download with Android Smartphone doesn't work

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 07:09 Reply with quote Report this post
Hello,
for hiking it seems that commonly poeple download trails on their Garmin @ home via PC.
But with a good smartphone on hand, you would really like to download trails directly from wikiloc onto the phone, load it into your favorite app like Locus or GPSTracker, and start hiking wherever you are.

My problem with that is, everytime I try to download a gpx file, it appears to be a file with correct name in my Android download folder but 0 Bytes size! In general, I have no problems with downloading files directly from a webpage, but with wikiloc.
Does nobody else have this issue? I think I'm not the only one with an Android phone who would like to download Wikiloc trails for hiking on vacation :-) so I would be grateful for any help!

Greetings,
Peter

Trails from bluecharge
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012, 12:22 Reply with quote Report this post
There seems to be a problem in downloading tracks staight into an Android phone. Wikiloc is developing an application for this platform so it will be a workaround for the issue.

Regards

Trails from edumartinell
PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 07:05 Reply with quote Report this post
bluecharge wrote:
Hello,
for hiking it seems that commonly poeple download trails on their Garmin @ home via PC.
But with a good smartphone on hand, you would really like to download trails directly from wikiloc onto the phone, load it into your favorite app like Locus or GPSTracker, and start hiking wherever you are.

My problem with that is, everytime I try to download a gpx file, it appears to be a file with correct name in my Android download folder but 0 Bytes size! In general, I have no problems with downloading files directly from a webpage, but with wikiloc.voip
Does nobody else have this issue? I think I'm not the only one with an Android phone who would like to download Wikiloc trails for hiking on vacation :-) so I would be grateful for any help!

Greetings,
Peter

I am curious if you have found a workaround or a solution to the problem? I am experiencing the same thing.

Thanks in advance,

-Jeff

Trails from jeff1909
PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 07:55 Reply with quote Report this post
have you tried with "Download All Files"?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ownloadall

Trails from chondo
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2012, 10:50 Reply with quote Report this post
bluecharge wrote:
Hello,

My problem with that is, everytime I try to download a gpx file, it appears to be a file with correct name in my Android download folder but 0 Bytes size! In general, I have no problems with downloading files directly from a webpage, but with wikiloc.

Greetings,
Peter

At last!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.wikiloc.com/mobile/android.do

Trails from PaulFM