Search for:

Board index  »  Questions, help, problems... all about Wikiloc  »  Problem with downloading track(gpx)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2011, 07:18 Reply with quote Report this post
Is there something wrong with the site now ? I can't download tracks. When i press download a new blank/empty site opens and remains blank. It says "http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/geoServer.do" up in the adressline.

Is there something wrong with my computer og is it the site ?

Trails from kenny28
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 10:02 Reply with quote Report this post
Looks like you have been temporarily 'banned' from downloading tracks. This is just an automatic security feature to avoid non-human mass downloads from Wikiloc which is activated when too many trails are downloaded in a short period of time by the same user. The access to download again will be re-set in a couple of days so just wait a bit and you will get it back soon.

Thx!

Trails from edumartinell
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 11:21 Reply with quote Report this post
I have the same problem. Of course it's no problem to wait a couple a days, but it would be nice when it occurs, you would get a message on screen that explains what's happening and why you can't download at that time.
And maybe such message can also tell you how long you have to wait before you can download again.

Trails from Fritzo
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011, 16:29 Reply with quote Report this post
@Fritzo, great suggestion. We'll try to add some kind of message to let the user know what's going on with the blank screen.

Thanks!

Edu
Wikiloc

Trails from edumartinell
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 11:50 Reply with quote Report this post
Second the need for an error message in this case. Also, it seems rather strange to get banned for downloading 16 tracks in 7 minutes, which doesn't seem like much. I am trying to follow somebody's trip to Mongolia, which consists of 70 odd tracks. So it will take me weeks to get all the tracks? Love the site otherwise but the download restrictions seem a bit too severe for the site to be really useful.

Cheers

Trails from VagabondPix
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 20:59 Reply with quote Report this post
OK, I can download tracks again with my account but not from my IP address, which seems to be permanently blocked. Could somebody please look into that. If you contact me by PM I can send you the IP.

Also, I just don't understand how downloading 16 tracks in 7 minutes results in a permanent block of the IP address or even a temporary one for the account. Just doesn't make any sense. That is way to restrictive to make this service useful.

I would very much appreciate if somebody would get back to me on that and look into this issue.

Kind regards

Trails from VagabondPix
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 10:41 Reply with quote Report this post
The system won't block for downloading interactively from the website trails in small quantities like 15-20 and downloading huge tracks during peak traffic hours might be another possibility but both situations are unlikely. The issue should be caused by something else. I've sent you a PM and we'll look into it.

Trails from Jordi
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 10:41 Reply with quote Report this post
The system won't block for downloading interactively from the website trails in small quantities like 15-20 and downloading huge tracks during peak traffic hours might be another possibility but both situations are unlikely. The issue should be caused by something else. I've sent you a PM and we'll look into it.

Trails from Jordi
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 13:31 Reply with quote Report this post
Thanks for the reply. PM sent.

Jordi wrote:

Trails from VagabondPix
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 14:04 Reply with quote Report this post
Hello,
I have the same problem. Can anybody tell me if I am blocked permanent or temporary? If I am blocked permanent what can I do about it?

Any way; it is also possible to search foor the same route on Google Earth quite fast.

Greetz, Marco.

Trails from Marokkoffroad